Private clubs and the distro/sale of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson

Reaction score
Does anyone know if private clubs (ex. KOC.Elks..etc) are held to the same laws/regulations of making and selling beer? Would beer made inside the club be allowed to be sold at the club and or other clubs threw out the US? Are these club locations considered commercial property? Very curious....:mug:

I don't know, but I'm guessing it's the same as anything else. If big brother isn't getting his cut, he's not happy....

Yes they are. They have to get liquor licenses and go through the distribution chain just like any other bar. And they can loose their license by having homebrew, or in Michigan, even alcohol NOT purchased through the distributor on premise. My BIL is past commodore of a Yacht club, and if they run out of Wild Turkey on a Saturday night, they CANNOT run to the liquor store next door for a bottle. They can only have what they get through their distributors.

Liquor license already exist... i was more questioning the sale of home brewed beer on a commerical property or threw out the club statewide... Would they then need to use a distributor? If brewed on

Liquor license already exist... i was more questioning the sale of home brewed beer on a commerical property or threw out the club statewide... Would they then need to use a distributor? If brewed on

It's illegal to sell homebrewed beer, PERIOD. No, if and or butts. Private club or otherwise. You can ONLY sell you're own beer if you're a licensed brewery, therefore you would no longer be a homebrewery.

yes so in nj it is a 1250 per years license, which your beer then can only be brewed on a commercial property... So with that said... any ideas about not using a distributor?

Start here, and here, then go to your State's alcohol site for the hoops you have to go to there, and refer your other questions like that to here. Honestly this really is a homebrewer's forum. Very few folks on here, no matter their aspirations go pro. And going pro is not as simple as you seem to believe.

Latest posts

Back