Priorities....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
It has been proposed, with plenty of supporting evidence, that the Pilgrims landed when and where they did because:

"We could not now take time for further search or consideration, our victuals being much spent, especially our beere...."

Well, yeah, they were running out of food and drink (What they had to drink was beer, it being easy to transport and keep safe to drink.) You can't easily brew beer with sea water.

I live in Plymouth. This is common knowledge. They landed in another town to start but we had better quality water. Also, all the natives were dead and that left a literal ghost town for the pilgrims to move into and plunder (not so common knowledge.)

I live in Plymouth. This is common knowledge. They landed in another town to start but we had better quality water. Also, all the natives were dead and that left a literal ghost town for the pilgrims to move into and plunder (not so common knowledge.)

So what you are saying is that the natives died because they didn't have safe beer to drink? I keep telling everybody water is toxic!

Back