Priming sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allstar

Reaction score
Ok so I followed the directions and added the priming sugar to a boil until it dissolved. Today was my day to try my first batch, my first four bottles I pulled out but they were flat. What went wrong. These four also happened to be the last four bottled. I opened a fifth one that was from the middle of the group and it had a large white head just like I remember. So I am asking is it common for the ones at the end of the bottling process to not get as much priming sugar or did I add it at the wrong time?

It's important to gently stir the priming solution into the beer. That way you disperse the sugars for priming evenly.

How long has it been bottles? If it's less than three weeks, all bottles do not carb at the same rate.

Did you mix in the priming sugar? Some bottles may have gotten more, some less. Beware of bottle bombs.

I'll be using the bucket/priming solution method for the first time in a little while. I usually use cooper's carb drops. I'm going to try what I read on here. As you're siphoning the beer into the bucket,you wait till there's a couple of inches of beer in the bottom,then slowly pour in the priming solution. Just pour slowly near the rising surface of the beer to minimize oxygenation. When done siphoning,use your brewing spoon to stir it gently. Don't want any extra oxygen in there at this point.

Latest posts

Back