Priming Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebu

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been four weeks already since I made my first brew. I'm getting ready to bottle and I threw away my directions. So the question, when adding the sugar I first need to boil a cup of water and disolve the sugar in the water then pour into bottling bucket give a swirl and bottle? Is that the correct sequence? Thanks for answering the newb question. Now I can't wait for the next two weeks to pass to try out my first brew.:mug:

Now I can't wait for the next two weeks to pass to try out my first brew.:mug:

Try as best you can to be patient; I have found that my brews taste more than twice as good at four weeks than at two. Now, I'm not saying that relationship holds indefinitely...but prepare to be disappointed if you drink after two weeks!

My plan is to crack one open in two weeks and see if it is carbd enough and go from there much of it will not get drank until around the four week mark anyway as my wife doen't like red ale's
Try as best you can to be patient; I have found that my brews taste more than twice as good at four weeks than at two. Now, I'm not saying that relationship holds indefinitely...but prepare to be disappointed if you drink after two weeks!

Back