Priming & Rackinig : Temperature Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toby2

Reaction score
I chilled my beer for two days to clear it and it currently raising from 42'F. It may take a whole day to warm up to room temperature. I boiled the water and mixed my priming sugar, which is currently in the 150'F range and cooling. Ultimately, I plan on bringing the priming mixure down to room temperature (78'F) before mixing it with the beer.

Is there any issue with mixng them at different temperatures, say the beer at 50' and the priming mixture at 78'? I really don't wont to wait for the beer to heat up, if I don't need to.

Toby

I am not very experienced at brewing, but I cannot see this being a big issue. Assuming you are doing a 5 gallon batch, you are putting a small amount of warm priming solution into a much larger amount of cool beer. The priming solution should cool down pretty quickly once you add it to your beer.

Back