Priming a Tap-A-Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew-boy

Reaction score
I recieved a Tap-a-Draft system for my birthday, and I am a little confused on priming. Do you use priming sugar and if so how much? I would like to hear from people that have it working well for them and there tips.

you need to prime with corn sugar or DME, the amount really depends on the style of beer and your personal preferrence.

Now I'm not so sure, the mini kegs system says you need to prime with corn sugar but the tap a draft system doesn't say one way or the other.

When I'm using the TapADraft I prime with corn sugar just like I am going to bottle. You can force carbonate the first container (it comes with three iirc) if you don't want to wait for the sugar to do the job but usually the CO2 works best for dispensing only. I went through too many of the little vials getting a bit more carbonation and switched to kegs. Tap-a-draft really is nice for the kitchen fridge though.

Back