Primary Fermentation for AHS Dead Guy Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMURDA

Reaction score
I just brewed the Austin Homebrew Supply Dead Guy Clone extract kit, and used 2 wyeast smack packs of Pacman yeast. My question is how long should I leave this in the primary? I was getting fermentation after only 5-6 hours after adding yeast, and my krausen is currently about to fall. :ban:

I just brewed the Austin Homebrew Supply Dead Guy Clone extract kit, and used 2 wyeast smack packs of Pacman yeast. My question is how long should I leave this in the primary? I was getting fermentation after only 5-6 hours after adding yeast, and my krausen is currently about to fall. :ban:

Minimum of 2 days after you reach final gravity.

Forrest

BMURDA, what temperature are you fermenting?

I did an all grain batch on 03/13 and it's still in the ice water cooled tub. I keep it at approximately 60 degrees, give or take a degree or two (+/-).

How did your ferment take off? Mine was uneventful, not a lot of krausen, but when it kicked off, it went pretty fast. It's pushing the airlock about 1.5 minutes now.

I had a 1.5-2 inch Krausen in less than 24 hours. It is still hitting the airlock a few times a minute. Im keeping this at around 70 degrees for fermentation.

The fermentation time will vary from batch to batch and from brewer to brewer or if you added yeast fuel or not, etc.

I would suggest 2 days after final gravity in the primary then in the secondary for 2 weeks. The bottle or keg and age a month at a minimum.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back