Preferred way to get to 2.0 Vols in 7 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
5 gallons in a cornie at 35 degrees I need it carbed for a beer fest in 7 days. What is the preferred way. I don't need it TOMORROW but 7 days so I don't have to be DEMON fast!

OOPS - sorry - just saw the sticky

SO - let me get this get this straight. I want 2 cols at 40ish

If I want 9psi set it at 27ish (3*9) for 24 hours, purge and then go back to ???????? 9? (or 5psi) since the beer will end up at 45 degrees

Yes that is what Bobby recommends in the sticky, after 24 hrs drop it back to your target equilibrium pressure of 9.

I (purge O2 from the headspace first of course) pressurize the keg at 30psi for 36-48 hours, lower the pressure down and turn off the valve, bleed the pressure in the keg, open the gas valve, reset to my desired PSI, then leave it for 4 full day and it's right where I want it at that point. That's under 7 days. I don't do only 24 hours anymore as I've had it not reach exact carbonation in that time frame. I more commonly use 36 hours.

Rev.

If you choose to try the shake method, set it to your target psi and no greater. Can't overcarb that way.

Back