Pourtastic is hiring beer ambassadors all over Texas $20/hr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txbeerlover

Reaction score
Brand ambassadors will generate excitement of beer and wine products, increase brand awareness, provide product knowledge and boost product sales through the execution of promotional tasting events.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Must pass test on promotional product in order to serve as product expert and reliable brand ambassador • Set-up and tear-down of promotional events • Engage potential buyers through beverage tasting and product knowledge • Sell promotional product to consumers • Provide post-event reporting in a timely manner • Adhere to dress code and conduct responsibilities set forth by Pourtastic Tastings

QUALIFICATIONS • Must be 21 years or over • Must be TABC certified (find out how to become certified) • Must have access to the following: car, email, phone, text messaging, digital camera (can be through phone) • High school diploma or equivalency required

SKILLS • Possess the following skills: excellent communication skills, organized, on-time • Possess the following characteristics: high energy, outgoing, reliable, enjoys talking to and interacting with people • Promotions, restaurant, bar tending, service industry or sales experience a plus

COMPENSATION • $20/ hour • Incentive plan based on performance • This is a part-time job • No benefits included

If you meet the requirement of this exciting job and are looking to build your experience in the sales/promotions/marketing industry, submit a form via http://www.pourtasticllc.com/apply
and the management team will review and get back with you.

Sounds almost identical to the All About Beer "Beer Explorer" program. Which sounds equally as sketchy (even if All About Beer seems to be a decent enough publication).

Sounds almost identical to the All About Beer "Beer Explorer" program. Which sounds equally as sketchy (even if All About Beer seems to be a decent enough publication).
I hadn't actually heard about that program, but I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our company. You can also check out our Facebook or our Website

looks like this guy created an account simply to advertise this program.

Pass..
I did just make this account before posting. We have a lot of homebrewers that use this side job as a way to fund their homebrewing habit, so I thought this would be a good place to find people that may be interested. Also I did not want to post from a personal account, which is another reason why I figured I'd make an account just for work.

I'm curious what about this you think sounds "sketchy"? Honest question, as I have considered doing this myself. I assume you have been in a grocery store where they have people giving out samples. Do you not think these people are getting paid to be there? The beer and wine sellers want people to sample their product as a means to promote it and sell it. Promotion costs money. Certainly seems legit to me...

I'm curious what about this you think sounds "sketchy"? Honest question, as I have considered doing this myself. I assume you have been in a grocery store where they have people giving out samples. Do you not think these people are getting paid to be there? The beer and wine sellers want people to sample their product as a means to promote it and sell it. Promotion costs money. Certainly seems legit to me...

While this one doesn't say it explicitly (and it may not be the case at all, which would change my opinion), the All About Beer one required some initial cash up front on part of the applicant- buying supplies namely. Which sounds dangerously close to "pyramid scheme" in my book. Not necessarily saying that it is. And as I said, this one doesn't explicitly say the applicant is on the hook for the initial costs. But it's enough to legitimately make me question, especially when it's being group blasted (as the All About Beer one was) or posted on a homebrew forum like this.

Not trying to discourage anyone, and perhaps I'm overly cautious, but red flags (or in this case perhaps more of an orange flag) are best not ignored.

While this one doesn't say it explicitly (and it may not be the case at all, which would change my opinion), the All About Beer one required some initial cash up front on part of the applicant- buying supplies namely. Which sounds dangerously close to "pyramid scheme" in my book. Not necessarily saying that it is. And as I said, this one doesn't explicitly say the applicant is on the hook for the initial costs. But it's enough to legitimately make me question, especially when it's being group blasted (as the All About Beer one was) or posted on a homebrew forum like this.

Not trying to discourage anyone, and perhaps I'm overly cautious, but red flags (or in this case perhaps more of an orange flag) are best not ignored.

Thanks. Yeah, that would certainly change things, but I've never seen anything to lead me to believe that Pourtastic is anything but a part time job. I think the OP is just going to places where she thinks she can find beer knowledgeable labor. Hopefully she will weigh in and dispel those concerns.

Thanks. Yeah, that would certainly change things, but I've never seen anything to lead me to believe that Pourtastic is anything but a part time job. I think the OP is just going to places where she thinks she can find beer knowledgeable labor. Hopefully she will weigh in and dispel those concerns.
Yes, TXBigHops is correct. We do not require anyone to pay us anything to work. You do have to have a TABC license so that may cost someone money, but it is no different than a server having to pay for one. Other than that most people don't have to spend any money, as long as you have a bucket/bowl(somewhere to ice down the beer) & pop up table. If you don't have these, you can buy any cheap one you want and we don't sell them.

Also we definitely don't expect anyone to try to recruit anyone else and your pay is not dependent on anything but the hours you work. If you don't want to pick up any jobs for a week, a month, 8 months, whatever, its not an issue. You work when you want to and don't have to if you're busy or don't want to.

I simply thought that places forums like this might have some people that are interested in the opportunity. Its not meant as a full time job, its a side job and a lot of our employees work for us to make more money to fuel their home brewing adventures. We don't want the typical model types and focus more on finding people with knowledge and passion for beer, which is another reason why I like to post on beer & brewing related sites.

Yes, TXBigHops is correct. We do not require anyone to pay us anything to work. You do have to have a TABC license so that may cost someone money, but it is no different than a server having to pay for one. Other than that most people don't have to spend any money, as long as you have a bucket/bowl(somewhere to ice down the beer) & pop up table.

I simply thought that places forums like this might have some people that are interested in the opportunity. Its not meant as a full time job, its a side job and a lot of our employees work for us to make more money to fuel their home brewing adventures. We don't want the typical model types and focus more on finding people with knowledge and passion for beer, which is another reason why I like to post on beer & brewing related sites.

I'm all for it. I always assume the people manning the little table and some product in sample glasses knows NOTHING about the product (especially at the level we here at HBT know it). I'd love to walk into a beer store and have a homebrewer serving samples instead of some sexy model.

Errr... I'm actually OK with the sexy model too. Sexy homebrewing model. That's what we need.

I'm all for it. I always assume the people manning the little table and some product in sample glasses knows NOTHING about the product (especially at the level we here at HBT know it). I'd love to walk into a beer store and have a homebrewer serving samples instead of some sexy model.

Errr... I'm actually OK with the sexy model too. Sexy homebrewing model. That's what we need.

Which is exactly why our priority is hiring people that have the beer knowledge first. Two of the partners who started the company were home brewers and the third has gotten her Cicerone certified beer server certification. They started the company because they were tired of working with companies that would put any "model" out without bothering to make sure they actually knew anything about the product.

Kathy Ireland. Just saying.

To the OP, I will say, the fact that you've continued to post on the topic and address people's concerns speak volumes to legitimacy. I had honestly figured this would be the sole post by this account, or maybe posting the exact same thing a few places. Glad I was wrong about that.

As I don't live in TX and this isn't relevant to me anyway I'll kindly show myself out the door and take my cynicism with me.

Cheers and best of luck :mug:

I live in Texas! Well, only in January, February, and 3/4 of March- but I could so see me doing this. Too bad I'm leaving Texas in three weeks.....................

What a fun way to make a little extra $$$$.

Back