Possible changes to good recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2brew1221

Reaction score
So, last brew was from a recipe that I found on here. It turned out really well, and am thinking of sticking to the recipe but modifying it. Does anyone have any suggestions for changing this brew? I was contemplating changing the hops and using two different varieties, but I don't know which two to use. With summer coming, I'm wanting a light refreshing beer, not necessarily high ABV.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432776407.527873.jpg this was the recipe I used

The pilsner grain needs to be mashed, not steeped so maybe switch it out for a crystal or other specialty malt. Or just use a little more pilsner extract. There are many hops that you could use that would change the results a little or a lot.. Yeast selection can also change the results quite a bit.

Try Centennial for bittering and Cascade for aroma/flavour hops, or something neutral for bittering and maybe Galaxy or Mosaic for flavour/aroma.

I think Rye needs to be mashed but that's always my thing with lighter style beers. I love adding just a little rye to the grist to change it up a little bit. It always makes it nice and crisp with a little bit of rougher bittering. IMO perfect for summer. Maybe you can do a partial mash?

Thanks guys for the help. It gives me something to think about for this weekend.

Latest posts

Back