Portable tap wall for a wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crane

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My friend is getting married next weekend and he asked me to brew some beer for the wedding. Instead of serving 4 kegs with picnic tappers, we decided to get a little fancy and build a tap wall. Here is what we came up with. Since then we have drilled the holes to mount the shanks, but I don't have a picture showing that.

The top just sets on top of the bottom part, so it can easily be loaded into the back of a pickup truck. It was intended for the top to flip upside down and fit in the bottom part, but with the last minute addition of the braces on the side it no longer fits.

View attachment 1431703801852.jpg

Nice work, but is the idea that the guest will be pouring for themselves? I could see that going wrong any number of ways...

Nice work, but is the idea that the guest will be pouring for themselves? I could see that going wrong any number of ways...

For the majority of the weekend the guests will be pouring themselves. I think they are going to have the catering company pour during the reception.

Out of all the parties I've thrown over the years since I got my kegerator I've always had the guests pour their own beer without any issues, but there is always room for change. I guess we will see how it goes.

Drove up the mountain to the vacation home yesterday and promptly setup the tap wall. We have 3 homebrews on tap and another half barrel of ballast point grapefruit sculpin.

Added the finishing touches today with the tap signs and the picture of the bride and groom.

Fortunately for the beer it's in the mid 40s all weekend. Unfortunately for the wedding also drizzling up here in the clouds.

View attachment 1432330847920.jpg

View attachment 1432330865580.jpg

View attachment 1432330879009.jpg

Nice job on the insulated lines. That should prevent any foaming issues, so long as the taps are opened wide.

Very nice work! If I were you though, I would try to get a friend or two (who know how to pour) to serve your guests. I can tell you from experience that inexperienced draft users (especially semi-drunk ones) equals wasted beer. Hope all goes well.

Nice job on the insulated lines. That should prevent any foaming issues, so long as the taps are opened wide.

I waited to put these on to make sure there weren't any leaks and it did help significantly. All in all the beers have been pouring smoothly all weekend.

I am getting married this September and am inspired by your work! I was planning on just hauling out the keezer, but if this wasn't too spendy I may consider doing something like this. I already have kegs and two taps on my keezer. How much did this run you in materials and do you have any advice for me if I do this? I don't have woodworking tools, but a friend does and I'm sure I could convince him to let me come over to construct something similar. Thanks in advance and congratulations on getting married. Cheers!

Very nice work! If I were you though, I would try to get a friend or two (who know how to pour) to serve your guests. I can tell you from experience that inexperienced draft users (especially semi-drunk ones) equals wasted beer. Hope all goes well.

Rest assured there were no beer casualties. I poured out the drip trays each morning and it was at most a couple of pints over the course of the weekend. I think it really helps to dial down the pressure so you get a nice slow pour to prevent foaming.

I am getting married this September and am inspired by your work! I was planning on just hauling out the keezer, but if this wasn't too spendy I may consider doing something like this. I already have kegs and two taps on my keezer. How much did this run you in materials and do you have any advice for me if I do this? I don't have woodworking tools, but a friend does and I'm sure I could convince him to let me come over to construct something similar. Thanks in advance and congratulations on getting married. Cheers!

I will pass along the congrats the groom. I was just the friend who supplied most of the beer. The wood came in somewhere around $60. I used as much of the hardware from my kegerator as possible, but I did have to buy the shanks and a fourth faucet.

There was not much I would change about this design other than some better looking drip trays. That was a complete after thought. Definitely insulate the beer lines. That helped prevent foaming.

Latest posts

Back