Pomengranite Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoopidwon

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tries using pomengranite as a secondary additive to a wheat beer...I enjoy pomengranite and would like to try this, anyone have any ideas as to how you might go about getting a very subtle pomengranite taste added to an american wheat, or hefe????

thanks in advance:tank:

I made a Pomegranate Blueberry Wheat that was inspired by Sam Adam's Longshot winner. Turned out pretty well. I just made a pretty standard wheat recipe and added a bottle of Pom brand Pomegranate Blueberry juice after initial fermentation seemed to slow. Activity ramped back up of course due to the infusion of more sugars.

Flavor was probably more blueberry than pomegranate, but pretty mild overall. You could always try just straight Pomegranate juice.

I haven't brewed it yet, but I will be brewing a Belgian Pomegranate ale at Teach a Friend to Homebrew day next weekend. I do have all the ingredients and for the pomegranate I will be using POM wonderful juice.

Back