Polycarbonate Erlenmeyer 2L

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would boil and cool in a pot, but descriptions on Amazon look like this:

he Corning Erlenmeyer flask is made of impact-resistant United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) Class VI polycarbonate to resist grease, oil, detergent, and most inorganic acids, has a polypropylene vented screw cap with a 0.2µm hydrophobic polytetrafluoroethylene membrane that allows sterile gas exchange, and is ideal for shaker cell culture applications or storing chemicals or mixtures. The flask and cap can be autoclaved (one cycle only) and withstand temperatures up to 135 degrees C (275 degrees F). Packaged individually, the flask is radiation sterilized with the highest sterility assurance level (SAL) of 1E-6 and certified non-pyrogenic. It is clear for visibility of contents and has molded-in graduations that indicate approximate volume.

Pretty good fiind.

It is all autoclave up too135c so boiling should be fine. If you are worried, then boil the flask, and wash and starsan the lid.

Now, this part is just a guess, but because it says "gas exchange" i read that to mean both ways, co2 out and o2 in...

I am going to order one myself.

T

The only thing that I wonder about is is there shouldn't be a problem with a stirbar and scratching. But I mean as long as I sterilize and clean it out well, I see no problem, correct?

The Corning website shows the item "will not collapse when autoclaving". Suggesting it could actually go into an autoclave. If you can put it in an autoclave, you should be able to boil wort in it.

Edit: I made my response much slower than all these people above me....

Back