PO'd at Supplier [RESOLVED]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I agree with just about everyone, this is getting old. Every week it seems like there is an average of 2-3 "Austin Homebrew Supply" did this wrong threads, that always get resolved within a few days. I think Forrest is probably spending more time here taking care of customers than necessary. Maybe we should invite some of the other suppliers on so that they can take the load off of Austin Homebrew Supply. Seriously, when is the last time someone has came on complaining about one of the other suppliers when they mess up an order? (It doesn't happen often).

Deal with the company first and then if you have bad service that doesn't get resolved, let us know.

Every week it seems like there is an average of 2-3 "Austin Homebrew Supply" did this wrong threads, that always get resolved within a few days.
In a way, Forrest should take it as a compliment. Mistakes are bound to happen, but seeing them here is just a result of more HTB members using Austin Homebrew Supply than the other suppliers.

This Big Dog sits 10 feet from the person that answers the phone and handles the issues. His name is Loc and he is instructed by me to help everyone the best way we can. Austin Homebrew Supply is not some multi-floor conglomerate that has CEOs that don't know what is going on. I am informed everyday what is going on.

Forrest

I disagree witht the people that feel issues with HBS shouldn't be discussed. Thanks to this thread,
I knew to double check the kegs I got in from MW. I had the same issue as the OP of that thread. Thanks to that thread, I was able to confirm having the same issue, contact MW and have a quick and adequate resolution.

Life isn't perfect, and neither are HBS's. All will make mistakes. How those mistakes are handled is an important part of deciding who I should do business with.

AHS has proven themselves to have great customer service, and that is something that these threads prove.

Rant:
I'm getting thoroughly sick of these complaints being made public in this manner before any normal private channels have been exhausted. The fact that AHS has a vendor membership on this forum does not mean that he should be subjected to negative public exposure as a first course of action. I've had minor problems too with online suppliers, as, I'm sure most of have in the past. I have always been treated well after my complaints. I have never used AHS personally, but I see masses of evidence on this forum that suggests if you contact Forrest privately, he will deal with it, and even recompense more generously than most other companies.

This situation where people feel they have a right to "out" a distinguished and trusted member of this forum simply because their day has been spoiled seems to be getting out of hand in my opinion.

Agreed.
AHS is a supporter of this forum. They must service a massive amount of orders and I think I may of seen 5010 treads slagging them off. ALL of which seem to of been apologised for and resolved.

I would say try to resolve it BEFORE starting a thread. It does no good.
You have to expect some problems. Most of them seem to be normal, expected or trivial.

Agreed.
AHS is a supporter of this forum. They must service a massive amount of orders and I think I may of seen 5010 treads slagging them off. ALL of which seem to of been apologised for and resolved.

I would say try to resolve it BEFORE starting a thread. It does no good.
You have to expect some problems. Most of them seem to be normal, expected or trivial.

After it is resolved then by all means educate the rest of the forum to how the HBS has reacted to the problem.

I deal with Austinhomebrew.com often, but they aren't my only internet homebrew supplies source. I have had a couple of small issues (missing the aromatic malt in one order, for example) which were quickly resolved with a phone call. I didn't give it a thought- just gave them a call.

I would do the same if I was dealing with Amazon, Target, Sears, etc. I don't think AHS gets "preferential" treatment from the mods or admin because of his being a paid vendor on this site. I also don't talk about how much I love Beersmith because he's a paid vendor on this site- I talk about Beersmith because I use it and I like it and recommend it.

Let's all cut each other some slack, ok? We all make mistakes and we should all be allowed to correct them, including the original poster. I've definitely posted some things I regretted, and I know that homebrewers are a forgiving group of people. I also know that austinhomebrew does a good job of doing their best to make their customers happy.

"Please, can't we all just get along?" (in my best Rodney King voice)

We treat the vendors just as we would any other member and ask that you do the same.

If you purchaesd something from another member, we would expect you to coordinate any problems or shipping issues with that member in private.

You wouldn't break out a thread and complain before you even gave the other member an opportunity to respond, would you?

You'ld give that person the opportunity to fix it or communicate with you.

If it remained unresolved, then I think we have a different argument than what is going on here.

Try to treat this more as a face-to-face issue.

Back