Pliny for 3 Floyds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pentiumone133

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the whole beer trading thing. Flipped through the best beers in america article in Zymurgy last night and convinced myself that I must try Pliny the Elder by Russian River.

I have some Three Floyds to trade (Zombie Dust, Alpha King, Pride and Joy) if anyone is willing. I also have some from Revolution, 2brothers. Like I said, I'm new to this so I'm not exactly sure what would be a fair trade. Looking to at least get a bottle or two so my friends and I can all try it out.

Trading with me would mean the added benefit of receiving a really nice custom spray-foam packed box that you could use to ship other beers out - I have access to the shipping department at work.

I'm located in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks

Pliny just trades $4$ (dollar for dollar) with whatever beer the guy wants. So your trade offer is completely fair. Zombie dust is the most desired of what you offered and the likely trade offer you will get. Don't pay anything more than shelf value for the pliny.

Also just an fyi...when posting the trade put the beer you are offering first in the subject, not reverse. I read it and thought you were offering pliny for three Floyd's. So for this thread, 3 Floyd's for pliny. This will help get the right people to look at your thread. I could be wrong on this, but its how I understood it.

Just wanted to offer a couple tid bits to help you. Welcome and happy trading!

Pliny just trades $4$ (dollar for dollar) with whatever beer the guy wants. So your trade offer is completely fair. Zombie dust is the most desired of what you offered and the likely trade offer you will get. Don't pay anything more than shelf value for the pliny.

Also just an fyi...when posting the trade put the beer you are offering first in the subject, not reverse. I read it and thought you were offering pliny for three Floyd's. So for this thread, 3 Floyd's for pliny. This will help get the right people to look at your thread. I could be wrong on this, but its how I understood it.

Thanks man. Internets need more guys like you.

This forum seems to be attracting more and more new guys for trading. I think its important to give some education so that we are all on roughly the same page. You can also use the terms ISO and ft, which help indicate what you are "in search of" and what you have "for trade". Anyway, I'm always glad to help out...except in your case when I don't have pliny lol

Rats!!! I got a few bottles of Pliny a couple of weeks back and have a couple left. Unfortunately, I had one Saturday night and the hop profile has already faded so much that I wouldn't feel right about trading. If you can set this up I would recommend making sure the other person can get the Pliny as fresh as possible. The bottles I have were bottled on 5/9.

How do you know what the shelf value is of something? Right now I've got a guy wanting to trade me $4$ 2 plinys. How many ZD would be fair to send him? I want to say I paid 10-12 dollars for the 6-pack (I bought 2 cases)

How do you know what the shelf value is of something? Right now I've got a guy wanting to trade me $4$ 2 plinys. How many ZD would be fair to send him? I want to say I paid 10-12 dollars for the 6-pack (I bought 2 cases)

The simplest way to know is to just ask him. No one will be offended if you ask for the value of a certain beer. I am out of the loop on pliny, but I think its about $6-$7 a bottle? Someone else can help with this.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll be sure to be trading some more in the future. Gotta love discounted fedex rates through work.

I've got two trades in progress (one from reddit) so not interested in any more Pliny for the time being.

Back