Please help me source a false bottom for my 15gal kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExMachina

Reaction score
I have a heavy gauge SS kettle with an internal diameter of 17.5" that I'd like to convert to a directly fired mash tun.

There seem to be a lot of options out there but I don't know exactly what would be best (my experiece thus far has been with a domed bottom in a 10gal cooler).

For this project, I'm not partial to either a domed or flat false bottom but would like something that is as wide a possible (and is well supported).

Any guidance here would be much appreciated :)

Would a Blichmann 20 gallon false bottom work? Their 15 gal is around 15.5" and their 30 gal model is around 19.2". Not sure what the 20 gal model measures...:confused:

That SS steamer is an interesting option. My only concern would be about how flexible that metal is. The 2" height is pretty high but I could fix that.

Would a Blichmann 20 gallon false bottom work? Their 15 gal is around 15.5" and their 30 gal model is around 19.2". Not sure what the 20 gal model measures...:confused:

For future reference: according to Blichmann, the Blichmann 20 gal false bottom is 17.6" diameter

Back