Please help me identify this equipment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt723

Reaction score
Please help me identify this equipment and it's value.

I'm looking to find out what they are (make/model if possible) in addition to how much they would be worth?

Thanks in advance!

img1.jpeg

img2.jpeg

They certainly remind me of Specific Mechanical hardware. They are both hot liquor tanks. I don't recall seeing a SM wood-clad HLT, but that's not impossible.

[Personal opinion]
The value as solo-items isn't all that great as they are HLT's, not kettles nor fermenters.
[/Personal opinion]

MC

Thanks for the info, I googled Specific Mechanical and it sure does look similar to some of their units. I know these units are fairly old (but still in great shape).

These are actually for sale locally, so the fact that "The value as solo-items isn't all that great" makes it more appealing. I have no actual use for these but if I can get them for next to nothing I would love to have them sitting in my bar area...

Anyone have a ballpark as to how much I should offer the guy? He simply states "make me an offer", I don't want to offend him.

Thanks again.

Ask the seller what the tanks cost when they were originally purchased. It never hurts to ask.

Ask the seller what the tanks cost when they were originally purchased. It never hurts to ask.

He didn't purchase these, they have been in a restaurant on display for the past 20 year (minimum) he recently bought the restaurant (building).

He didn't purchase these, they have been in a restaurant on display for the past 20 year (minimum) he recently bought the restaurant (building).

I'd be honest with the guy and tell him that you don't really have a use for them other than a decoration for your bar, and offer him what you think a decoration for your bar is worth.

Thanks for your suggestions. I went to see them this weekend and I'm reconsidering bases on the size of these things. Didn't talk price because I wasn't 100% sure if I still want or I should say have room for them.

Back