• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Texas PLC Controlled E-HERM's system for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenHorn

Reaction score
Hello, I've got a PLC controlled E-HERM's system for sale. To build the same system new would be over $9,500. I'm asking $5,000 or best reasonable offer. Will give preference to one buyer for all, but may be willing to sell the 'Other items' listed below separately.

I've only done four batches on it, but have run out of time for the hobby and have another baby on the way.

IMG_0929_zps5gcnkggb.jpg

(More pictures below, but let me know if there is anything specific you want to see a picture of)

The system is fully programmed, but I can assist the buyer in re-programming it however they like. If you are the do-it-yourself type, the programming software for this HMI and PLC are free downloads (or they were last I checked in Fall 2016) and there is plenty of help via google to learn the programming. If you are relatively local to Houston, TX I can deliver it and help you set everything up and show you how it works. If not local, I can ship everything to you (buyer pays shipping) and walk you through it over the phone.

The HMI is the best part of the system (and frankly a large portion of the cost). You can log into the system with your iPad (or computer) and control it. Some will say that's just lazy (it is...), but I liked the freedom to go do other things while the system was running (sometimes I just didn't want to get out of my chair :)). I also had it set up so I could fill the HLT with water the night before, then the next morning it would start heating up automatically and would text me when it was ready to go. It will maintain temperature as long as it needs to until you're ready to use it. Also, as each step or timer would finish, or if an alarm went off, it will text you. And if you think those text's are a nuisance, you can turn them off or choose what it sends you texts for.

Eventually, I had plans to buy some cheap automated valves and other instrumentation to make it a fully automated system, but have run out of time to play with it. All of the main components are already included, if you ever chose to go that route.

Specs (Not a complete list):
- 240V, 30A (could easily be modified for 50A service to run two heating elements at the same time)
- 24x24x8 Control panel enclosure
- Allen Bradley MicroLogix 1100 PLC (w/RTD input and analog input/output modules)
- Red Lion G315 (15") color touchscreen HMI
- Ethernet/Wifi Router
- 40A SSR's for elements
- Twist Lock connectors for all the power cords
- 30 Gallon MegaPot 1.2 Brew Kettle's, all equipped with valves/hoses with quick disconnects
- HLT has RTD, Temp gauge, 50' SS heat exchange coil, 5,500w ULWD element, and liquid level control switch (so element can't operate without being submerged)
- MT has RTD, temp gauge, Titan false bottom (and spare Boilermaker false bottom)
- BK has RTD, temp gauge, Stainless Steel hop basket, 5,500w ULWD element, and liquid level control switch
- x2 Chugger SS pumps with valve and quick disconnects
- Convoluted Counterflow Chiller with temp gauge and quick disconnects

Other Items:
- Blichmann Beer Gun
- x2 Johnson A419 Temp Controllers (to use a freezer as a fridge)
- Mark II Carboy and Keg Washer
- x4 Ball Lock Kegs
- CO2 Bottle with manifold and hoses to connect to multiple kegs
- Spare Immersion chiller
- x2 6.5G Carboys
- x2 5G Carboys

Cheers, :mug:

IMG_0599_zpsyzjtpexe.jpg

IMG_0601_zpsgxuerlt9.jpg

IMG_0602_zpsbbqyvcsw.jpg

IMG_0603_zps3odrfh9t.jpg

IMG_0611_zpspqfjc3um.jpg