Plastic sanke kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head

Reaction score
Has anyone used these? Is there any problem using them for home brew?
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_38_332&products_id=2356

5g_Sanke.jpg

For the price, why not just get corny kegs? Sanke kegs are hard to fill and hard to clean because the top spear is a little tricky to take off and put back on compared to a corny, where you just take the top off.

There is no problem with using them for homebrew. IMO sanke kegs are a much better system than corny kegs, but they also cost a lot more, which is the main reason most home brewers use corny kegs. Once you get the hang of it removing and replacing the spear is super fast and easy.

I have one that I rotate in my kegerator almost all the time...except its not homebrew.

A buddy of mine owns a brew pub and when he makes a new batch of something, he usually hooks me up with a sixth barrel...right now I have some white ale in there.

If the price were better (even in the 50-60 range) I wouldn't mind loading up with a few more of these

I have one of these kegs. There is no retaining ring like on the stainless steel kegs! Any ideas on how to get the stem out?

Back