Pitched too cold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildcat_Brewing

Reaction score
I brewed an IPA yesterday and pitched yeast but I messed up the setting on my temp controller. When I checked this morning it was 38 degrees instead of 65. I'm warming it back up, should I hit it with more o2 when up to temp or pitch more yeast, have some dry on hand? Thanks

once it's up to temp, pitching a starter from a dry yeast will get you going quickest. A straight pour from the packet will start in 24 hrs or so, or just patience and it'll get going in a day or two more. I'd give it a good shake when it's up to temp and be patient, but I'm a frugal curmudgeon.

I brewed an IPA yesterday and pitched yeast but I messed up the setting on my temp controller. When I checked this morning it was 38 degrees instead of 65. I'm warming it back up, should I hit it with more o2 when up to temp or pitch more yeast, have some dry on hand? Thanks

I've re-used stored ale - many times - and 34/70 yeast slurry that has been in a near zero fridge for over a month with no problems once the wort gets to room temps.

Back