Pineapple Wine!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsh22

Reaction score
Heres the album of my process: http://imgur.com/a/B1zWT

This is my second brew, 1st being apfelwein. Hopefully this turns out. OG reading was 1.08. For 1 gallon, used 3 pineapples and approx 5 cups sugar and 1/2 pack of EC1118
Questions:
1) I am using a sanitizer that says to stay in contact for 20 mins, if I swirled it around the fermentor every once in a while during that time, it should be sanitized right?
2) What would you suggest I do different?
3)Whats your recipe and aging times for this? I've seen 6-12 months as the norm.

Thanks!!!!!

I also posted this to r/homebrewing on reddit :p

why did you put the corker in the sanitizer? haha

otherwise cool! Hope it comes out well!

In the future I would suggest using a grain bag to put the fruit in. Then you could crush the fruit and remove the bag after a week before you put in a secondary, so it will be a lot easier to clear.

Also I suggest pectic enzyme

why did you put the corker in the sanitizer? haha

otherwise cool! Hope it comes out well!

In the future I would suggest using a grain bag to put the fruit in. Then you could crush the fruit and remove the bag after a week before you put in a secondary, so it will be a lot easier to clear.

Also I suggest pectic enzyme

Ha! i bought the corker used and it needed some cleaning.
Turns out i need to throw this batch away :( I used glue to seal the airlock to the lid and i guess it wasnt dry enough. when I put the lid back on I guess the force created a vacuum and sucked a few drops of glue in... It was only a $6 batch but still sucks...

And yes, i will be getting a grain bag soon for this purpose :p

buying a 12 dollar fermenting lid and bucket will save you tons of pain, and possible contamination. you will need to sanitize the lid as well, and with glue I think that will be very hard. Either use on the reputale homebrew supply stores online or your local homebrewing store. Trust, it will make things so much easier

Latest posts

Back