pictures needed please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1ratdog

Reaction score
can any1 please post a picture or 2. i need some ideas how not to melt my hoses on my immersion chiller when putting it in the boil.

thank you in advance

I have screw on connectors for garden hoses, I don't attach the hoses until I'm done boiling. I had them attached once while still boiling melted the connections away. Sorry I don't have pictures.

Or you could sanitize the chiller and add it kettle after the boil. Because it's cold it cools the wort faster too. I've done this for many many brews and works great.

Longer outputs? But if your IC is already made this probably doesn't help you.

731-testing-out-my-diy-chiller-made-50-1-2-refrigeration-coil-no-leaks.jpg

I'm with Moonpile. My chiller in/out hangs over the side of my pot. I have garden hose connectors. So no hoses to melt.

410.jpg

1ratdog,

at work so no pixs. I brew inside and outside. My IC is not nearly as cool as the ones you see here, but still not problems. Inside I bend and hook an old coat hanger in a cabinet above the BK and hook the IC hoses through the loop.

Outside I get a sturdy tall backed chair lay the hoses from the IC straight to the back of the chair - again no problem.

1ratdog,

Outside I get a sturdy tall backed chair lay the hoses from the IC straight to the back of the chair - again no problem.

i brew outside, i think you may have solved my problem. wednesday is the first time im using a IC. i'll keep u posted how it goes.
thanks

Back