Picobrew Pro - Manual Brewing - Modifications

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flutch

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am working on modifying my Picobrew Pro to do a better Manual Brew and to ensure that I can use this system to make great beer and not have it become a paperweight.

Just so that everyone understands, I have multiple brewing equipment from an home build Brutus 10 and my other Picobrew original Zymantic from the Kickstarter days. I love brewing, but I want to keep it simple and still enjoy making my recipes on a tiny system. I rather have six different 2.5-gallon kegs with different beers than 10-gallon beers kegs, which I have done in the past.

The Picobrew Pro is excellent for me since it is easy to clean, and I still have fun doing so.

Ok, enough about that. :)

Building a custom mash basket

I am thinking of getting Utah Biodiesel Supply - Biodiesel Processing Supplies, Equipment, Processors and Information - Biodiesel Homebrewing to make me a basket for the PicoBrew Pro.

So I am trying to get measurements for this basket in the picture below. Does anyone have the original CAD drawings? Or does someone have this measured out already correctly? I am working on it now and will share my findings ours shortly. I just hope to make sure that I am measuring this correctly.

IMG_20200511_121646.jpg

Adding a mash pump

I am looking to add this Bayite BYT-7A015 DC 12V pump to the system to improve the Mash Efficiency with a recirculating pump.

Stainless Steel Filter Link

s-l640.jpg download (6).jpg

So this is what I am trying to do and share my faults and experience in adding these items to the system.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Flutch.

Testing now. So far I am pretty happy with it. these were all parts I had already for my old brewing system. except for the two valves I just got these the other day

.IMG_20200514_174930.jpg. IMG_20200514_174755.jpg

If designing a custom bag for the Pico, in the shape of a rectangle (or hexagon, if you want to hug the cut off corners of the step filter), it would be better to make the sides of a much tighter weave than the bottom.

I recently made a BIAB for this vessel, the customer sent me a pretty accurate drawing w/ dimensions.
I’ll attach it here later today...

Perhaps it’s your drawing and your seeking better info lol idk
Any chance you've been able to get a picture of this bag for the picopro? even better if you are able to show how it fits in the step filter

I recently made a BIAB for this vessel, the customer sent me a pretty accurate drawing w/ dimensions.
I’ll attach it here later today...

Perhaps it’s your drawing and your seeking better info lol idk
so can you sell these bags to others?

Back