Picked up some interesting yeasts today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
WLP060--American Ale Yeast Blend
Our most popular strain is WLP001-California Ale yeast. This blend celebrates the strengths of California - clean, neutral fermentation, versatile usage and adds two other strains that belong in the same" clean/neutral" flavor category. The additional strains create complexity to the finished beer, and will taste more lager like than just WLP001. Hops flavors and bitterness are accentuated, but to the extreme of WLP001. Slight sulfur will be produced during fermentation.
Attenuation: 72-80; Flocculation: medium; Optimum Ferm. Temp: 68-73

WLP010 10th Anniversary Blend
White Labs started in 1995 with 5 strains available for homebrewers- WLP001, WLP002, WLP004, WLP300 & WLP810. We wanted a blend with all of these strains, but WLP300 doesn't fit so we crafted a unique blend that truly test brewers imaginations. The blend contains unique proportions of WLP001, WLP002, WLP004 & WLP810.
Attenuation: 75-80; Flocculation: Medium; Optimum Ferm. Temp: 65-70

Now, what do I brew with them? :D

Well, the american ale is a given. The anniversary blend is a little tougher. I bet it would make a great IPA. Hmmm... now that I think about it, the first would make a great IPA, too since it accentuates hops and bitterness. Okay.. the American Ale, you do a "Chessapeke Pale Ale" in the style of IPA - you can think up your own story... extra hops wards of the jellyfishes?

The anniversary ale.. hmmm.. okay got it - an apricot summer ale. Take a look at pg. 292 of the Homebrewers Companion. If you don't have it, I'll send you the recipe.

I might have to pick me up some of that anniversary stuff for my upcoming apricot IPA. I've got some Wyeast British Ale (1098) for it, but this stuff sounds intriquing.

Back