Picked up a Perlick 72" Beer Refrigerator cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavenly

Reaction score
So my wife gave me the bug when she said she wanted to buy me a dual tap kegerator for my 50th birthday (which is coming up soon). Being a DIYer I immediately started looking for make my own solutions. Low and behold I found this Stainless Steel Perlick on CL for $150. 6 casters for easy movement (400 pounds). Has 2 flat top sliding drawers. Will also fit the vast amount of wine we collect and my wife drinks. I cleaned and oiled both fans which were noisy. Whisper quiet now. Bent the splines of the evaporator coil back in place and cleaned. More efficient now. Blows really cold.

8p425ss.jpg

So next up. Making my own Tower and tap. I might try to bring it through the door separator bar but not sure yet. I'll keep you posted on my progress and look forward to any suggestions. Should be able to get this done for under $320 at this rate. That savings should pay for quite a few kegs of home brew.:ban:

PS: I know for sure I'll be making my tap heads out of wine barrel with a little add on I have in mind.

Tap through the door separator will be a pretty narrow tap tower!

Seems you would have to transition from rectangular tubing to round tubing for your tap tower.

I'm interested to see how you put the tower on but maintain the functionality of the sliding lids. Maybe cut one in half and make one half of that stationary?

I have some ideas. I've got the in-laws in town for 10 days so I've had to put this on the back burner right now.

Back