Pic of the 1st bottle of your 1st beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After answering a thread in the beginner forum about the first bottle of his first batch, it got me to wondering?...How many had the presence of mind to pictorially document that auspicious occasion? I did, but I guess I'm a bit anal about documenting things that matter. In January 2011, I ordered the Cooper's Micro Brew kit, which came with the OS Lager kit. Here's a pic of that first beer;

I showed up on here 2/19/11 & asked the atypical questions. After some conditioning time, it came out pretty darn good. So much so that my wife discovered she liked ales! GOOOOOAAAAAL! It needed a hair more bittering & some flavor hops, in my estimation, but it was good never the less. Show us your first bottle in the glass of your first brew. Time to take a trip down memory lane...:tank:

Glad you wrote this thread. I'm a new HB. I'll bottle my 1st beer (a India Black Ale) next this Saturday. I'll make sure to take pics of all the 1st (i've already started with the brewing pics), and come back to post.

Please do, good sir! Preserve the moment! This is one topic I don't remember anyone touching on, so I thought... IT IS TIME! IT IS TIME!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409603445.589793.jpg
I've come so far from since I brewed this beer. Started out strong by kegging it

Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping records of such things. Many good beers shown so far! Let's keep it going. I'm sure this will give hope to all that enter into home brewing on here. Let them know they're not alone & we all started somewhere. Showing it is the best way for visual oriented folks.:mug:

I wouldn't have wasted film on a pic of beer. I didn't start taking beer pics until this cell phone fad took off.

I just happened to get a 5 megapixel camera for my 30th anniversary at Ford. Has a couple bugs in it these days, but still works pretty good.

First brew...hefeweizen. 10 days after bottling then 15 days after bottling. It was slightly under-carbed when I first opened a bottle but I was brewing my second batch and had to try it.

Both pics are horrible but there you have it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

My very first batch of HomeBrewed beer was a mr beer American light needles to say it sucked :) but it is what got me I this "hobby" so there's that... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409722216.865719.jpg

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

This day has finally arrive :D. My first brew, a India Black Ale. I popped it open approx. 1 hour ago. It's been 13 days since bottled. It's pretty good, but it's still very "green". I'll try another one in 1 week.

20140919_232811.jpg

I don't think I owned a camera yet, but I remember it was delicious Brewer's Best Red Ale kit with liquid yeast upgrade. A few of the bottles exploded, but 2 cases of beer! Holy cow! I remember thinking that was soo much beer.

*edit-
Ha funny. Just went through my brew notes from '97 the first batch was Amber Ale kit. I Don't remember that one. I did 13 batches in 2 months including all-grain, a lager! lol, and even kegged a few batches. I remember throwing out that kegging setup now (probably should have just cleaned the kegs in retrospect). And then quit brewing for 10 years.

I felt the same way back then. wow! Look at all that wonderful beer! And it's all mine! I've started slowing down on merely drinking them & enjoying them more instead. Can't wait to get past these antibiotics & steroids so I can drink some of my new batch. That dark beer looks pretty good for a first effort!

Back