Phosphoric acid to reduce post-boil pH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRBC

Reaction score
How much phosphoric acid do I need to reduce 7.5 gallons of my NEIPA post-boil wort from pH 5.2 to 4.80?

I find that boiled wort still has buffering that’s similar to mashing wort. So it should be possible to estimate an acid addition using some brewing water programs.

I find that boiled wort still has buffering that’s similar to mashing wort. So it should be possible to estimate an acid addition using some brewing water programs.

Is this something that Bru'n Water can help with? I have heard many accounts of brewers lowering the boil pH of hoppy beers. It is something that I have wanted to play with but I have not dug into.

'Kettle pH Made Easy' is a utility specifically designed and tuned for adjusting your pre-boil Wort with acid whereby to achieve a targeted post boil and cooling Wort pH. It is activated via selecting the "Kettle pH" tab (or sheet, for LibreOffice users) of the 'Mash Made Easy' spreadsheet.

Back