Philly, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mciaio

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself. I have only brewed once, last week. An extract kit with a starter 6.5 gallon pail set-up. I have an extra cooler in the garage so I am going to make that into a mash tun and start AG for my next one.

This forum is great and I have learned alot from just lurking for the last week or so.

Well you guys make it sound easy! I have read so much I feel like I have done it already. I think I could do it without reading any directions. Also, I'm not worried, if it comes out bad, I'll stick it in the closet and forget about it for 6 months. Maybe it'll be good then.

Outa the local guys and girls here; anyone use Keystone Homebrew Supply? What are your thoughts?

Outa the local guys and girls here; anyone use Keystone Homebrew Supply? What are your thoughts?
Friendly, helpful staff. They're my LHBS (even though it's about 1-1/2 hour round trip.) Use them if I can't find something significantly cheaper on-line, but I like to give them my business.

You close to Montgomeryville?

Nope, bout 45 minutes west. I travel all through CT, NY, NJ, PA and DE for work. I pass that exit on the turpike at least three times a week. I have a location I visit regularly in Hatboro, which os only a couple towns over off rt.611.

I did buy my stuff there. They seemed knowledgeable and willing to help. I'l probably go back and buy stuff. I hate paying for something online and then waiting days for it to come. When I give the money over, I want to goods right away.

So I went to Homedepot and got the stuff to convert my Igloo 48 to a mash tun. Hose, Clamp and Supply line. Hose fits right thru the igloo fitting snugly so I am hoping it won't leak. This was my spare cooler so if it does leak I'll just seal it up. Now I'll need to go buy a propane turkey fryer to boil with. I won't be be doing another batch until april anyway. Parts cost me $11!

Good people but small store and the inventory can be somewhat sporadic. I like to go in and get any ingredients for a brew at least a week before so if they are out of something I need, they can get it in on their weekly order before my brew day (and they will gladly order anything you need that they don't have in stock).

Back