Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Bourbon Barrels...My company is headquartered in Bourbon County, KY. I am being called for an emergency meeting and if it falls on a certain date I am just going to drive in. Would anyone want to pay me to bring them back Bourbon Barrels? I don't know the logistics and costs yet.

Speaking of Bourbon Barrels...My company is headquartered in Bourbon County, KY. I am being called for an emergency meeting and if it falls on a certain date I am just going to drive in. Would anyone want to pay me to bring them back Bourbon Barrels? I don't know the logistics and costs yet.

I may be interested in one depending on the price...

Does anyone in the area attend any bottle shares? Or have any interest? I've been trying to get together a small group to enjoy some of these larger and stronger bottles.

I'm interested. I've got quite a few large bottles that I cant handle alone and it would be fun to share...

So I tapped a very basic Pale Ale today. It's very light so I decided to experiment a little. I had dried Chipolte Peppers from another beer. I broke it in half and tossed into my glass. Good addition!

Hoping the fine HBT members of Philly can help me with this question…

I am getting married in July and will be brewing all of the beer for the wedding. We will be giving away bottles of beer as the favor too. I am planning on brewing 60 gallons (40 done so far) but the problem is I have to bottle ALL of it. The venue will not be able to accommodate kegs.

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on a cheap way to acquire about 600 bottles. I don’t have time to de-label commercial bottles. Any ideas of where I can find a case of clean unlabeled 12 ouncers for less than $9 per?

Thanks.

I am getting married in July and will be brewing all of the beer for the wedding. We will be giving away bottles of beer as the favor too. I am planning on brewing 60 gallons (40 done so far) but the problem is I have to bottle ALL of it. The venue will not be able to accommodate kegs.

I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on a cheap way to acquire about 600 bottles. I don’t have time to de-label commercial bottles. Any ideas of where I can find a case of clean unlabeled 12 ouncers for less than $9 per?

Thanks.

Ever think about canning?

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...er-guys-business-going-national.html?page=all

You would have to add your own labels, but this would save you oodles of time.

I believe Keystone Homebrew sells cases of empties for $11.99...maybe they will cut you a deal if you buy in bulk? You can also post in the "Want to Buy" forum here on HBT that you are looking to buy cases of de-labeled empties.

I brewed a batch of Jasmine Blonde Ale (with custom labels) to give away as favors at my wedding and I brewed a case of beer for each of my groomsmen (their favorite style also with custom labels) along with an engraved glass as their gifts...turned out great!

Good luck!

Is anybody seeing Enjoy By 4.20.14 around anywhere yet or know of places that are getting it?

Capones will certainly have it. You can email them to reserve a bottle and find out when they are getting it. That's my spot for any hard to find stuff. Matt always hooks it up.

Thanks.
What do you mean can't accommodate kegs? no way to pour from your cornies, or won't allow them even if you bring in the necessary stuff. I beleive you can rent a jockey box (depending on when your wedding is, I have a 4 pass I could rent/loan out). Just a thought.

I believe Keystone is around $12 a case for empties. Not sure if they'll give you a discount if buying in bulk or not. Worth a call, or check around with other stores.

The canning route is more expensive. At least the guys that came to Keystone charged $40 to can a 5 gal batch.

Thanks.

I'm assuming I just bought that brass tower from you as I had the same conversation with the guy selling it to me.... lol. Anyway, like I said when we met up, call Keystone. Talk to Merydith and ask her if she can do a bulk discount. I already mentioned the bulk discount I know of but maybe she can do better. That stuff is above my pay grade and I stay out of such matters typically. She's the inventory manager. My guess is she'll ask Lou (the GM) about it. He's a reasonable guy.

P.S. I finished polishing the top of that tower. Looks brand new. I ran out of rubbing compound but I'll be polishing the column next. I also had all the parts sitting around to put all new guts and faucets on it. I'll have it pouring soon I hope. Thanks again for the deal. My wife couldn't be less happy... lol.

Haha, yep that was me. I did talk to Merydith. Unfortunately she said that the discounts start at the pallet level. 15% off if you buy 108 cases. I was debating getting a group buy together with my club, as I only need 20-25 cases, but when it's all said and done I'm not sure the savings would be worth it...

Glad to hear it went to a good home and out of my "brewery." And good to finally meet you in person!

150 ppl but we will also be serving it at the rehearsal dinner the night before and beer olympics brunch the day after. Also, there will be bottles given out as favors.

Even so, I realize it is overkill. SWMBO is on board though and using my wedding as an excuse to brew just seems to make so much sense.

As a wedding present and because I think it's awesome that you are doing this, I'd be happy to buy you a case of new bottles and send them to you. Just send me your address. Maybe some other Philly HBTers will follow my lead and hook you up as well.

Wow, that is too kind of you! I just pm'd it to you. I'll send you a bottle or two of the wedding brau as a thank you. The OatHmeal Stout came out just as I wanted.

Thanks!

Darn mark, I should have asked you. My sisters wedding is coming up and I needed a few cases. I bought some and been delabeling. Argh!

North Penn Beverage...they only had 1 case left when I reserved mine a few hours ago so you could try to call and see if it is still there.

Big Top in Glenside had a case of the Go To IPA. I checked that out while I ordered to halfs of Labatt Blue. :D

004.jpg

Dug a little and Beer Store Southampton on 2nd Street Pike has it in bottles and on tap. Will be pricey so I'll try to get a full case first.

That's pretty. I have a 6 pack of 12, 4 of the 8, and 2 blondes on the way. I have a pretty good source for Westy. I might grab some more 12 while I can. I still have a few days to decide. It's painful to pay $120 for a 6 pack... lol.

Blue Dog in Chalfont had bombers of 4/20 yesterday. Limit 1 per person. They also had a Pliny the Elder tapping this morning though so I'd imagine they went through a lot of bottles of good stuff today...

I picked one up yesterday.

Back