Perlick Warranty?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howhownow

Reaction score
I have a pair of Perlick 525's that were purchased together and are about 2 months old. One runs extremely well, the other there have been ongoing issues with. the tap lever (or whatever you call it) has always been a bit 'loose' in the body of the faucet. It occasionally keeps it from creating a good forward seal. I have drained a fresh CO2 tank and lost a good bit of beer from it. I have broken down the entire unit 3 times, pulled all the O-Rings (they all looked pristine), cleaned, and reassembled. The cup bearing doesn't seem to have a great seat on top of the O-Ring on the lever, and there seems to be something wrong with the threads on the bonnet, so I can't get it very tight (though I don't think it's right to have to really torque this thing. I thought moderately hand-tight would be all I need).
Anyway, I think I've eliminated user error (the usual source of my problems), and other easy troubleshooting items (thought suggestions are welcome). I think I have a defective unit.

The Perlick website itself is a bit...circuitous. What do I do now?

I had two 525SS faucets as well, bought at separate times though. One worked great, and the other leaked and wouldn't stay closed all the way, even when new. I should have returned it then, but got by by tightening the living crap out of it, even though you're not supposed to. I replaced all the o-rings with new Perlick parts but it still leaked.

I emailed Perlick about it, and even though I didn't have a receipt, then sent a replacement...BUT....it was just a regular old faucet and not the forward sealing 525. Tried it out of desperation and it aerated the beer way too much coming out of the faucet.

Ended up getting a couple of the new 630SS faucets and they have been spot on perfect. I know the 525s have some leaking issues, but the 630s have been great. Maybe they will send you one of those to replace the 525 with?

Update:
Called the Perlick 800#, the dispatch referred me to the service department email. Explained my issue and sent in my proof of purchase.
Within an hour I had this response:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your faucets. I am sending replacement faucets to you. All I ask is that you return the old faucet to us at Perlick. Attached is the RMA for the return.

Cheers,
The Perlick Service Department
Jason

I confirmed that I don't have to send mine in before they send the replacement.
As long as they make good on it (which I have no reason to doubt), that is good service in my book.

Glad you got it worked out. I had to exchange a faucet I got that was the wrong finish. It was like pulling teeth to get someone on the phone that would exchage it for me. They make great taps but jeeze I had a rough go getting it all worked out.

Glad it worked out. All I got in exchange for my leaking 525 was a plain old regular chrome faucet. Then again, it was a few years old and I didn't have the receipt, so that they even did that was pretty cool...even though I only used that faucet for about 2 pours before becoming disappointing with it and replacing it with a 630.

Yeah- I was steeling myself for the usual service runaround.
In my job I have to deal with a lot of support folks. I can say- it does not become any less frustrating. It really will make you respect a company for doing the right thing and fixing an issue without too much hassle.

My experience was different. My faucets are about 18 mo old. Because I bought them through Amazon they don't know how old they are and won't replace them. They sent me repair kits. We'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work I'll replace the faucets. I wish I hadn't sold my old 425s.

My experience was different. My faucets are about 18 mo old. Because I bought them through Amazon they don't know how old they are and won't replace them. They sent me repair kits. We'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work I'll replace the faucets. I wish I hadn't sold my old 425s.

Got the repair kits. Lubricant, a pair of replacement O rings, a replacement lever and bonnet for each faucet. The lever and bonnet are the same as what was already there, but I replaced them anyway. One of the O rings was deformed, so that's probably the source of my leak.

These faucets are still pretty touchy. Tighten the bonnet too much and the O ring deforms, too little and it doesn't seal. I'm sorry I bought them and will probably end up replacing them anyway. I wish I hadn't sold my 425ss faucets.

The 630ss replacements they sent me are amazingly different than the 525. They feel solid, and I have had 0 issues. If I were to go back and buy again, I'd pay full price for these in a second.

The 630ss replacements they sent me are amazingly different than the 525. They feel solid, and I have had 0 issues. If I were to go back and buy again, I'd pay full price for these in a second.

Perlick didn't offer me a replacement, just a repair kit which is better than nothing I suppose, but I'm still here with the crappy 525 faucets after the rebuild and I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time until the bonnet starts leaking again.

Eventually I'll buy new faucets, but I'm not inclined to spend anymore money at Perlick after this. When I replace them I have to decide whether to toss the 525s into the recycling bucket or inflict them on someone else.

O frabjous day, callooh callay.

Today three Perlick 425ss faucets arrived by mail.

Perlick425x3.jpg

Just thought I'd add my comments.

I have four 525SS faucets. Bought them about 3 years ago. A month or so ago, one of my faucets developed a leak out of the spout. I took the faucet all apart, cleaned, reassembled, and the leak persisted. I called the 800 number, told them the issue and they sent out 4 repair kits.

As stated above, the repair kits came with every single component and o-ring other than the faucet itself and the Handle jacket. I had no reason to think anything was wrong with the bonnet, handle level, or bearing cup, but hell, I had brand new ones, so I replaced all internal components with the new ones from the kit and reattached to my shank. Voila! The faucet worked and felt like it was brand new! I must say I am thoroughly impressed with the customer support of Perlick and will be making sure all future faucets I get will be Perlick!

Latest posts

Back