Perfect Pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyCamby

Reaction score
Is the perfect beer pour a myth? Does anyone have a link to any actual research on how the amount of head capping a beer can actually impact the flavour of a beer by protecting the beer from oxygen. It seems to be that it is mainly astetic/release of CO2.

Ginger or Marry Ann?
Might as well try and find the definitive answer to that question.

Go into a bar and see if everyone likes the exact same pour.
I would also suspect that the type of beer makes a big difference in the answer also.

I've never gotten that deeply into what makes a perfect pour. Who knows how many cans/bottles/kegs of beer I've poured into glasses over the years? And protecting a beer from oxygen? No beer I pour into a glass takes more than 15 minutes to go down my throat.

Hmmm, I think that's tonight's project. Sample a variety of different pours on my home brew ale and see if I can tell any difference. I'm certain it will take at least 12 before I have definitive data.

I love the science of beer. :D :D

think that's tonight's project.

Can I come over for a study lesson? In bartender school, they do teach the art of a perfect pour... people pay money to learn it so must be something to it!

Back