People that won't drink your beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, flawed logic. Want to prove that one "hand mitten" (nice choice of analogy btw...) is better than the other? Stand outside in the cold. applying this logic to homebrew you are saying that you know what tastes better for them. That is the epitome of SNOBBERY, plain and simple. Who are you to tell someone what beer they will like better? To put it bluntly: I try to avoid people like you like the plague.

Well by your logic then their is no point for your reason or expression because it doesn't really matter nor should hold any inclination of how others should feel or understand...right? Basically the conveyance of enlightenment by any origin by your understanding is a plague and diabolical? You should not pose your rhetoric of poorly perceived interpretations of a misread thread. You can interpret it however you like but don't go around spreading your snobbery of your own poor judgments on me or how others should feel because you just make yourself fall victim to your own unsound conceptions.

Just to note, no I don't feel as though my beer is the holy grail of beers... well some batches now and then :mug:

My logic has nothing to do with your perceived perfection in your own beer. It is squarely precipitated upon your view that you know what other people should like. I dont avoid enjoyable products anymore than I run towards steaming piles of defecation. What I do keep a wary eye cocked for is people of grand snobbishness and boorish self-adulation. Your incessant use of embellished language and obscure vocabulary is further proof of that which you make plainly obvious through your posts: you sir are a snob :) I'd find more pleasure in a Bud procured for $1.99 from my local bodega than from the fine craft beer flowing from your taps merely because I'd enjoy the Bud sans your company.

Basically the conveyance of enlightenment by any origin by your understanding is a plague and diabolical? You should not pose your rhetoric of poorly perceived interpretations of a misread thread.

Very well put. Now WTF does it all mean Alfie?

Then why are you trying to manifest your interpretations on a thread for other people to conceive your views and understanding....

While your sagacity is to be applauded, your flippant attempt at a brush-off speaks to a reluctance to accept that the words you voluntarily committed to examination earlier in this thread are open to derision.

While I find this pursuit of linguistic recreation tremendously, and increasingly, interesting, it only serves to reinforce my initial observation: you sir are a snob ;)

I must admit though, that the question for which I seek elucidation is what role the Yankees play in this highly educated battle of wit and philosophical wisdom.

LOL.. I thought this thread would be dead long ago but apparently some people like to dig through crap to find chunks of spent corn to chew on.

I just find this comical now, I never used the word perfect through this entire thread or corrected misspelled words to exploit a fellow member... My rant was acknowledged and wrapped up the first 5 posts days ago, I've gotten over it... but I guess this is what you get when you feed a few dogs a bone.

Had to skim through the ranting :off:. I have the opposite problem of the OP. My beer is gone before any thing else and I have only been brewing for about a year. I think it is the people you hang with. If they like craft beers (getting more popular) they will like yours. I only had one complaint and it was at a party I took a tap a draft to. There was a woman about 60 who said "This dont taste like Natty light". I told her thank you. Other then that I always have friends asking whats next?

wheels4 said:
Had to skim through the ranting :off:. I have the opposite problem of the OP. My beer is gone before any thing else and I have only been brewing for about a year. I think it is the people you hang with. If they like craft beers (getting more popular) they will like yours. I only had one complaint and it was at a party I took a tap a draft to. There was a woman about 60 who said "This dont taste like Natty light". I told her thank you. Other then that I always have friends asking whats next?

Same here. In fact after 7-8 months of brewing (and reading on here constantly), I finally started producing beer that my wife, friends & family LOVE. Only problem is, now I have to put a few bottles aside to make sure I get to drink my own beer :). Then again, I've been into craft beer since the 90s and am surrounded by people with similar tastes.

OP, keep on brewing, sir! Don't let the bast***s get you down!

Not to toot my own horn but, my adventures in home brewing have turned a bunch of die hard Busch drinkers. into craft beer enthusiasts. I see more and more beer literature on friends coffee tables and hear a lot more conversation on the beer we are drinking and ones we want to try. the only people who dont like it or wont try it are usualy just stick in the mud type of people anyway. and in all honesty its there loss.

as others have said don't take it personal, if people can not enjoy your beer either because they are too closed minded for there own good or because they have been pre programed to think that fizzy yellow bladder wash is good beer. either way its there loss.

At our homebrew club meeting on Friday, we were tasting beers, commercial and handmade, that fit the BJCP Category 23 - specialty beers. Because these are the beers that don't fit in any other style, it got me thinking a little about styles and drinking preferences. I put up a blog entry about it, here's a snippet:

At this meeting, we focused on the 'speciality' style, trying commercial versions and also selecting one 'speciality' beer brewed by a club member to forward on to a national competition. All of this got me thinking more about beer styles. The overwhelming majority of beer drunk in this country falls into only two of the over 75 recognized beer styles: Light American Lager (such as Bud Light) and Standard American Lager (such as Miller High Life). That leaves a lot of beer styles to try and taste!

I'm not bashing the American Lager style - I enjoy it, too. It's analogous to White Zinfandel in the wine world, a simple and enjoyable wine that is made with mild flavor and aroma. For many wine drinkers, though, their wine experience isn't limited to White Zinfandel. They explore the variety of wine styles made across the world. Likewise, we want to explore beyond American Lagers and experience the variety of flavors and aromas in beers.

American processed cheese is enjoyable, easy to eat, not much flavor to it. What a shame it would be, though, if we never enjoyed sharp cheddar, salty romano, creamy brie, or pungent blue cheeses.

If you want to read more, or see pictures of people sitting around drinking beer ;) its at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html

Two of the beers we tried that night were exceptional homebrews - a Rye Stout and a collaborative Sour Bourbon Barrel Kitchen Sink ale.

It never bothers me at all. if they want to try it I'll give them a sampler of something simple like a kolsch. if they like it I pour them an adult sized glass, if not that's fine too. I brew only for myself, unless the wife has a rare specific request. Still most of my friends enjoy my beer. We have anywhere from 50-75 people show up for our annual Oktoberfest, most of them normally BMC drinkers, but we manage to go through at least 5 kegs of different beers each year. I try to have a wide variety, this year the altbier and Oktoberfest were the favorites, last year it was the rauchbier and the hefeweizen.

And just as there are millions of people who will order a White Zin every time they go out to dinner, there are millions of people that are perfectly happy with their Bud Light or Natty Light. Or maybe they actually want their fancy ass wine and don't care for beer at all. Or maybe they'd prefer a nice glass of ice cold water.

I know for a fact that serving me a glass of the best, most expensive wine ever made will be a complete waste of something that someone else would actually appreciate. I just don't like wine. Never have, never will.

I'll drink it if someone insists, but I'll be annoyed for two reasons. First, I don't like wine. I'd rather have a beer or a whiskey. Second, if I drink that one tiny sampler of wine I'm going to have a massive hangover the next day. It doesn't take much, wine just doesn't agree with me.

But I guess the OP would look down on me because I just haven't tried *his* wine yet.

Wouldn't matter. I don't want wine, I'd rather have a beer.

At our homebrew club meeting on Friday, we were tasting beers, commercial and handmade, that fit the BJCP Category 23 - specialty beers. Because these are the beers that don't fit in any other style, it got me thinking a little about styles and drinking preferences. I put up a blog entry about it, here's a snippet:

If you want to read more, or see pictures of people sitting around drinking beer ;) its at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html

Two of the beers we tried that night were exceptional homebrews - a Rye Stout and a collaborative Sour Bourbon Barrel Kitchen Sink ale.

Nice link Pappers, I enjoyed this read earlier today Revvy's input mainly a few posts down, kind of ironic I stumbled on it randomly but it sums it up for me. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/yeast-beer-101912/

...I really don't want to be throwing anybody anymore bones on this subject, you can interpret my character however you want. If you want I'll put your hate in my sig so you can feel an inch taller. I already stated numerous times the aggravation with people not giving my beer a chance, I'm not saying my beer is perfect, and I'm not forcing them down their throats. But you are free to judge me however you want, although I may try to defend some of my dignity.

Not sure how putting my quote in your sig is a step towards defending your dignity, but hey, go for it. I still think you're a beer snob. I'll also never feel "taller" because of anything that happens on the internet. My world involves things a little more "real" than this, and frequently provides me that outlet. It's fairly clear that you use fancy language to feel taller though. Stop being so easy to read, that's not a skill.

I brew the cheap crap ... or very simple brews for my mates. They rave about the lager, or the stout etc. Don't go full hopped on them, and try if you can give em a good solid 6 month old batch.
I generally (will) use my kegs this way by putting pretty standard brews in there, and I think I will just keep them in a secondary for as long as the other keg is still kicking. So I guess just trying to keep a good aged standard brew on hand for them, and brew awesome ones for myself and other brewers!

My buddy says "did you fix that sludge in the bottle thing...." Holy crap, you are getting a bottle-conditioned thing of beauty and all you care about is some sediment in the bottle? I stopped giving my beers away, they don't get it.....:)

The sludge is the best part :) That's what I tell people!

Back