Peanut butter problems?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Hey all I’m working on a new recipe and I want to achieve a peanut butter flavor. I’d like to do it without extracts if that’s possible. I’ve heard of boiling peanuts and skimming, but how much would I need for the flavor to be noticeable? I’ve also heard people using pb2 or powdered peanut butter . Does anyone have experience with this or advice. Thanks

Try PBfit + brewer's best peanut butter flavoring. I've not brewed with it yet myself but I have the ingredients. Commercial breweries use flavoring to boost aroma while defatted peanut buttah lends roasted flavors and a fuller mouthfeel. I plan to add a pinch of salt to make the pb flavors pop. I'm thinking about a PB&J gose with the salty richness of peanut butter cut by the sweet-tart flavors of concord grape jelly. I'm about to start experimenting with sours and this classic flavor combo is at the very top of my list.

Try PBfit + brewer's best peanut butter flavoring. I've not brewed with it yet myself but I have the ingredients. Commercial breweries use flavoring to boost aroma while defatted peanut buttah lends roasted flavors and a fuller mouthfeel. I plan to add a pinch of salt to make the pb flavors pop. I'm thinking about a PB&J gose with the salty richness of peanut butter cut by the sweet-tart flavors of concord grape jelly. I'm about to start experimenting with sours and this classic flavor combo is at the very top of my list.

I’m looking to do the same. My drawback is I read that the pb powder still has oils in it and I’d like it to age without spoiling. I am starting to lean towards extract

Cannot speak about creating extracts from peanuts but I have made them from hazelnuts and from pecans for liqueurs and they were ok ( not fabulous but OK). I covered the roasted nuts with vodka and let them steep a month, agitating almost every day. but I would love to experiment with pistachios

Honestly just use the brewers best flavoring. It is really good. Messing around with fats and real peanuts will cause more problems than it's worth. All the commerical pbs I have use extract as well

Peanut butter problems
3p8zpl.jpg

Local Meadery near me boils the peanuts, then cools the liquid, skims off the fat and then uses it to make some award winning peanut butter and jelly meads...their’s are incredible

Local Meadery near me boils the peanuts, then cools the liquid, skims off the fat and then uses it to make some award winning peanut butter and jelly meads...their’s are incredible
That what I was thinking, couldn’t you just make a must and strain or rack out the oils.

Back