Peach session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutch

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Summer is approaching and I had a request for a sweet peach mead. I was thinking of making a carbonated session mead. But I need some help with the process. I want it to come out around 6%. Unfortunately I am struggling with how to make it sweet, peach forward, and carbonated. I was thinking of doing a test gallon.

1lb ripe peaches skinned, frozen then thawed
1 1/2 lbs wildflower honey
Not sure on yeast selection?

Then I’m stuck. I’d like to end with a gravity of 1.020 and still be able to bottle carb but I have no way to force keg at this time. Any suggestions?

If you have a keg, it’s not a problem. If not, you’re going to have to use Unfermentable sugars to sweeten, or pasteurize your bottles when desired carbonation level has been reached. There’s a step by step in the cider forum for the process.

Fermented peaches will not provide any "peach forward" flavor. Fermented peaches provide a delicate hint of peach flavor and aroma. If you really want peach forward flavor, I'd suggest using flavor additives from Brewer's Best or some other supplier. Some drinkers are OK with flavor additives, but some notice a chemical aftertaste; check it out for yourself and see if you like it.

Last edited:
Made a peach mango melomel for the wife and it's damn good, considering I'm not a fan of either fruit. Simple make a juice honey mix or straight traditional and after its finished dry and cleared for about 2 months, rack onto enough juice and bottle. Of 5 gallons we have 3 bottles left and it was started in September '19. It is a juice recipe as healthy fruit can be difficult to find here. Oh and no tannins or anything added just a 1/2 tsp acid blend at bottling, aged maybe a month before we opened a bottle.

Back