PDX : pliny the elder and younger, blind pig and 120 minute tapping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
thought i'd throw this out to everyone.
i unfortunately cannot make this. however, thought you guys could go to this rare occurrence! :)

http://brewpublic.com/places-to-dri...-ipas-on-tap-at-apex-for-clash-of-the-titans/

Sometimes we wonder if Jesse McCann, owner of APEX bar (1216 SE Division St., Portland, OR) is totally insane. Well, we don’t really wonder this, we know this. In fact, he is crazy about killer beer. McCann unseated the Horse Brass Pub in the 2011 Northwest Brewing News’ reader’s choice best craft beer bar in Oregon, a task that is no small feat. And it’s not difficult to see why APEX is such a smash amongst craft beer zealots. With more than 50 rotating taps that feature some of the best beers from the West Coast to the farthest reaches of Europe and beyond, McCann and his staff have clearly illustrated their passion for taste supremacy. He’s also well connected like the Jack Ruby of the beer world (without all the illegal gangster mafioso stuff). As another shining example of killer craft beer aptitude, APEX , not typically known for special events (well, every day there features an amazing lineup), will unload the big guns for those with a hankering for hops. Russian River’s Pliny the Younger and Dogfish Head’s 120 Minute IPA, Bear Republic Racer X, just to name a few will flow from the pub’s taps while supplies last.

Good luck making it out and getting a taste of either one. I haven't tried either of them yet, I was close to making it out to try PtY at a bar in San Diego yesterday, but we were misinformed about the time they were tapping and had missed our chance. We'll have another chance this Sunday or Tuesday. As for the DFH 120 I haven't tried that either and frankly I'd rather just get it in the bottle since I hate lines and crowds. The bar that will have the PtY will have a crowd but it will be worth it since it won't be getting bottled.

Holy crap, thanks for the heads up!

Now mods, if you could please delete this thread so no one else shows up...

Damn it... the very last pint of younger got poured right in front of me... ugh

Barely made it for the last of the keg. Got my Younger (right) and 120 min (left) and sat down to enjoy them. About five minutes later there was a loud cheer as the last of the PtY was poured. Waited half an hour in line but it was so worth it. Was still tasting the hoppy goodness hours later when I would burp.

They opened at 11:30 and ran out at 1:20. Less than two hours.

image-4232699043.jpg

I heard PtY is a phenominal Brew. Maybe one day ill have the chance to try it. I wont hold my breath though being in New Mexico..

It is/was. I think I'm going back tomorrow or Tuesday for one last stand.. hoping I won't have to stand too long. Feb 4th.. my b'day.. was a 6 hour line. Friday was only a 1 hour line. Heck, maybe even this evening would be good. Probably swing by and check out the wait.

Then it's back to Elder.. :)

Latest posts

Back