PBW'd tap lines; funny taste results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddrrseio

Reaction score
i used a converted flo-master (http://www.homedepot.com/p/RL-Flo-Master-4-pt-Hand-Sprayer-56HD/100164531#) to pump PBW through my tap lines. i rinsed them several passes with the same device using hot water, but any of the water that sits in the line picks up this taste that is somewhere between plastic and aspirin.

i've done this numerous times now, always tasting the water that sits in the line, and it keeps picking up the same taste. can anyone shed some light on this and what i might do to eliminate this?

thanks!

I havent had this happen yet but just bought one the other day. Be nice to know if this is a recurring things.

What kind of tubing did you use, and how old is it?

Try picking up some Beer Line Cleaner and running it through the lines. The right tool for the job might help you out.

The cheaper tubing leaches off flavors into the beer. Also, the older the tubing, the more trouble you'll have.

i will have to find out on the tubing, but i built the fridge two years ago. i purchased a tap tower with the lines, connections and faucets included. i actually have some BLC on the way from northern brewer!

thanks for the help.

I am having the same issues, with new lines from midwest. I assumed the off taste would disappear with use but I'm now 20 gallons through the lines and the taste has not gone away. I'm just downing the first few ounces then pouring a proper pint.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Home Brew mobile app

Back