PB2 and bottling day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfgod04

Reaction score
So I made a Peanut Butter Cup brown ale. I used PB2 in the last few minutes of the boil (cacao nibs in secondary). When I made the transfer from the primary to the secondary, the pb2 that didnt dissolve settled to the bottom of the fermenter. The taste going from primary to secondary was exactly what I hoped for. However, Im going to bottle this today and the taste isnt as Peanut buttery as I was hoping. Is it safe to dissolve more PB2 into the bottling bucket, then add my corn sugar as normal and then transfer the secondary into the bottling bucket. Is this safe to do or is it a bad idea because the PB2 plus the corn sugar might overcarb the beer from too much sugar? Or should I just be happy with how it came out and just add the corn sugar to the bottling bucket and then transfer the beer? Thanks in advance for the help.

I have no experience with the pb2, but want to try something similar. How much pb2 did you use in the boil?

Let us know how it turns out!

well I bottled it today and it came out fine. I was worried for no reason. Its a brown ale and when you take a sip, you notice the peanut butter and then it finishes with chocolate taste. I used 1 LB in the last 10 minutes of the boil. Word of advice, put the pb2 with some warm water and blend it until fully dissolved before adding it to the boil. The peanut butter cup brown ale is on the right, picture doesnt do it justice. Its brown and very clear.
brown-ale-66896.jpg

I used PB2 but put it in a muslin sack that way none of the sludge could get out. It worked great.

good tip. I just assumed it would get out thats why i didnt use it that way

For the majority, it stayed in. I suspended it at the top of the carboy and let it do it's thing for 4 days in the secondary.

CcKyaVAVIAAB7VY.jpg

I bottled this a week ago but wanted to sample. came out well, starts off nutty and peanut buttery and finishes with a little chocolate. Im happy with it

Back