Paulaner Nockherberger?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedward

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of recipes for Paulaner Wheats out there, so I am hoping some wise brewmasters here know of this divine beer. It's the cloudy golden lager (Unfiltered Helles) only available in their restaurant in Munich (am Nockherberg).

It's more than a simple unfiltered Helles - I've researched their sites and find only basic ingredient info... Does anyone have a recipe or a guess on the malts used (mix of 2 row and Carapils plus something else I would guess). I'm sure Hallertauer is the prime hops and I'm guessing one or both of Tettang and Spalt for flavor/aroma?

I'd be happy to send a sixer to anyone helping me find out more on this recipe!

Cheers

Link to reviews:

Paulaner Nockherberger

Sounds delicious. Kaiser might know something on this style, so you could try to PM him. My guess is that it's essentially the Bavarian lager equivalent of a cask conditioned British ale. The grist bill will definitely be almost all German Pilsner malt, if not all... maybe a little Cara-pils. Unless the color is over 3 or 4 SRM, I doubt there is anything else in it, grain-wise. Hop-wise it's probably 1 or 2 types of German noble hops, focused almost entirely on the bittering addition.

Back