Passion orange guava cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindiB

Reaction score
This is my new adventure

For 3 gal
6 12oz can passion orange guava concentrate
3lb turbanado sugar / sugar in the raw
2gal water
S04 yeast

defrost 6 cans of concentrate on counter room temp then dump out in sanitized carboy pour out half gallon of water in carboy then add two lb of sugar to water jug shake till dissolved or arms fall off ... dump sugar water in carboy then dump half gallon of water in carboy and dump one lb sugar in water jug shake till arms fall off ... reattatch arms with feet add sugar water to carboy plug opening with bung put thumb on bung hole .... haha and shake carboy really good then pull out bing and sprinkle S04 in little bit at a time swirling carboy then adding more yeast put bung back in and attach air lock I use sanitized water in mine. SO4 has no krusen so don't freak airlock will move in an hour or two

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

My og was 1.080

Well tested the FG today were at 1.048 almost 5% taste fantastic I could drink a ton of this

This is my new adventure

For 3 gal
6 12oz can passion orange guava concentrate
3lb turbanado sugar / sugar in the raw
2gal water
S04 yeast

defrost 6 cans of concentrate on counter room temp then dump out in sanitized carboy pour out half gallon of water in carboy then add two lb of sugar to water jug shake till dissolved or arms fall off ... dump sugar water in carboy then dump half gallon of water in carboy and dump one lb sugar in water jug shake till arms fall off ... reattatch arms with feet add sugar water to carboy plug opening with bung put thumb on bung hole .... haha and shake carboy really good then pull out bing and sprinkle S04 in little bit at a time swirling carboy then adding more yeast put bung back in and attach air lock I use sanitized water in mine. SO4 has no krusen so don't freak airlock will move in an hour or two

One has to be careful when using citrus, I did a similar batch and used wine yeast, it fermented pretty much dry, and the acidity from the citrus was overwhelming, and it was similar the when you get that little bit of throw up in the back of your throat, some other folks liked it, but me, not at all.

Back