Parts for a DIY stir plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyD11

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I relatively new to homebrewing and am jumping in feet first. I love the diy aspect of homebrewing and looking to make a stir plate. I have already started to gather some of the parts needed. I have read through several threads on the subject. My question is where can I find the rheostat? Majority of the post reference radio shack, however there are no more radio shacks by me anyway. Is there a similar retail store I can look into or what is a good online place.

Thanks for your help

Great thank you, one more question. After reviewing what you referenced, it seems I would be able to just strip the wires for the motor (fan) and power source and screw them in following the directions listed. Does that sound correct. I new to doing electrical stuff like this as well.

Yes, on the one I listed you just strip the wire and it all screws into the terminals on the back of the display.

Latest posts

Back