Part needed for a tower/faucet setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cincybrewer

Reaction score
I'm hoping to add a tower to my minifridge with two faucets. I was thinking about buying the faucets and towers separately since AHS is running a sale on 525's. Is there anything else I need to attach the faucet to a tower (that I will purchase separately)? Obviously tubing will be required, and a tap handle, but is there something that allows the faucet to attach to the tower or does the faucet just attach directly into the tower? Thanks.

I am about where you are on installation. I purchased a 3 tap s-s tower with the s-s Perlick valves complete with attached hoses. (Great price from Amazon to The Beverage Factory.) The unit only comes with mounting screws and a rubber gasket. They are assuming this will be mounted to a 2” + bar counter top which is structural. I will be mounting this to the lid of a chest fridge/freezer, and will have to make a bottom ring / stiffener. I think that a piece of ¾” plywood will do the job. I can cut the plastic liner / foam insulation back and glue this to the inside of the lid before drilling the holes.

Ouch. Another $50 for two of these things. The pricing really adds up, I didn't factor these shanks in the cost but thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully I'm not missing anything else. Maybe I can find a used tower with the shanks included.

Is there much difference between a chrome and SS shank or is it appearance?

Ouch. Another $50 for two of these things. The pricing really adds up, I didn't factor these shanks in the cost but thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully I'm not missing anything else. Maybe I can find a used tower with the shanks included.

Is there much difference between a chrome and SS shank or is it appearance?

Appearance plus the chrome has a tendancy to flake after a while if cheaply applied. Have you thought about maybe making your own unique tower out of PVC or some other material? There are some pretty ingenious ideas here on HBT that you could use. If you are planning on working from scratch I dont see why you couldnt do this. I know I wish I would have from the get go.

Chicompany has some decent prices on shanks. Make sure you're getting one with the attachment you need to hook your hoses up (i.e. 1/4" or 3/8" nipple).

And for the record, nothing about this hobby is cheap. Stop thinking that way and you'll be less surprised when the CC bill shows up every month...

KPR: I really haven't given any thought to the PVC option. Though I can use tools I'm not an incredibly handy person so I've ignored that route so far. Wouldn't I still need the shanks? The PVC would solely be the tower, correct? I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try as PVC isn't too expensive.

Mischief: I realize it's expensive I just didn't realize there were some items that I needed that I didn't originally budget for. But even though it's expensive, I'm trying to get the best bang for the buck with everything I purchase.

It seems towers without faucets and shanks are hard to find. I thought about buying a couple 525ss off AHS since it's on sale but I can't find reasonable towers without faucets already installed.

Latest posts

Back