Paper or Plastic?????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AtlanticBrewer

Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking to start my first batch tomorrow and just was wondering... What do you guys use to store your bottles after bottling??? I was thinking that cardboard would not be the best. I just bought some great bottles from a guy on Kijiji. They are the short neck old Canadian style like my Dad use to drink when I was young. As you can prob imagine the cases(cardboard) are not in great shape. So I was wondering...does everybody just use cardboard cases or do you all have any good tips. Was thinking something like a milk crate or a wooden orange case or something. Id like something that holds the bottles tight. 6,12,24 or 48. Thanks In Advance Guys, AB

I use new 6 pack and 12 pack cases for mine. Granted you have to drink beer to empty them out. Best bet, any cardboard box or milk crate will do.

Welcome to Homebrewtalk, hope you stick around.

I rinse well, leave them out to dry, and then put them in your standard cardboard beer box. You are going to rinse and sanitize them anyway before you bottle. No harm in cardboard.

I found a local bar that has the 24 single bottle cases that they sell bottles from. They have the dividers in them (you will want something between the bottles in case one becomes a bottle bomb, keeps the others from blowing too!), and he lets me have them free for the asking.

Back