Painting the actual burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyphaeon

Reaction score
I've just picked up a pair of the standard propane burners like this: http://www.tejassmokers.com/images/cast06.jpg for cheap on craigslist. They are rusted pretty bad. Any reason I can't paint the outside of them with a high temp bbq paint? I posted this because I could only find things about painting the stands not the burners.

Thanks, OleBrewing. Yes, I will season the working bits. Just wanted to save myself some work and just have to deal with the outside once. I think it will be fine...

Many brews later and this is holding up excellently. scrubbed painted the outside bits and oiled the inside. It has stayed the same for a few dozen brews now.

Yeah, I'm curious too how the paint job holds up. I wire brushed one of my rusty Blichmann's and was wondering if high temp paint is the right thing to use. They have some sort of thin aluminum-like paint/coating on them from the factory.

I used Rustoleum BBQ spray paint on my turkey fryer. It is fine on the outside. Inside where it is hottest the paint is long gone....

I was afraid of that. Although the burner doesn't get that hot from the combustion, once you put a pot on it, a lot of heat gets reflected downward and trapped.

Back