Paintball tank co2 regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.Freeman

Reaction score
I was recently was given a couple paintball co2 tanks. I need a inexpensive regulator to use them. I want to use them to purge fermenters/headspace. I don’t keg right now so don’t need that capability at the moment. Would something like this do what I need it to do?

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Guy-...s=gateway&sprefix=paintball+tank+co2+&sr=8-15

I would obviously need to add a couple fitting to adapt to a piece of hose.

Also, what is the proper procedure for purging fermenters/headspace using this type of setup. I don’t normally use secondaries but I just brewed a big RIS that will need to age a while before bottling and don’t want to risk oxidation.

Thanks

I know it’s not really a regulator but was hoping by just cracking the valve to control the flow i could make it could work. If it won’t, it won’t. That’s why I’m asking if anyone has used something like this. Thanks for the response

I know it’s not really a regulator but was hoping by just cracking the valve to control the flow i could make it could work. If it won’t, it won’t. That’s why I’m asking if anyone has used something like this. Thanks for the response

Considering there could be a couple thousand pounds of pressure in the cylinder I'm betting few folks have tried using an unregulated output.
As I said with care it may be useful for purging but let's face it, the potential for something dramatic happening is just an errant turn away ;)

Cheers!

Considering there could be a couple thousand pounds of pressure in the cylinder I'm betting few folks have tried using an unregulated output.
As I said with care it may be useful for purging but let's face it, the potential for something dramatic happening is just an errant turn away ;)

Cheers!
The average paintball CO2 tank has 1100 psi. Look on some of the paintball sites and you can pick up regulators for a decent price. They usually have a good selection of fittings also.

Back