Pac Attack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
Brewed a good looking Black Ipa last night, and I had saved about 1 cup of yeast slurry from the primary of a ipa I did 3 weeks ago. I put the yeast in a food saver bag, and threw it in the fridge for a week til I was ready for this brew day. Well I'm sure your like, whats the big deal? The thing that amazed me was that I did not make a starter, all I did was take it out of the fridge for 3 hours, then I pitched it, It took less than 2hrs to go freaking crazy. I mean when I left for work this morning it was like a volcano in there. I could tell right away I was going to need a blow off tube.

2 questions

If this yeast takes off this quick, why would I need a starter?

The blow off tube is pushing alot of hops and air into a 1 gallon jug, do I need to woory that it will also start to ferment? Looks like a bubbling lava pool in there.

Btw i was using pacman yeast.

No starter needed when pitching yeast slurry.Drain you blow of bucket as needed.Your doing good !!

Latest posts

Back