Overly complex control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xblazermnx

Reaction score
Ok, so I am a noob, have about 5 extract batches under my belt. I next project is going to attempt to build a e-biab setup. I heard that brewing isn't complicated, but that it is the brewers responsibility to make it so. So, I am thinking I want to build a control panel that reminds me of a 1960's nuclear missile control panel. :drunk:. So I am looking for inspiration guys, let me see see your panels with as much buttons, dials, gauges, air raid sirens etc.!!!

Sorry, weird sense of humor and a couple of Arrogant Bastard Ales kick my ADD into high gear............

alien, thanks for the shout-out.

I know that it's kind of a lame response, but if you're going to put something more complicated than an off-the-shelf PID controller in the box, I'd highly suggest you add a touch-screen to it. I used a Reach Tech 4.7" dude, and it's pretty slick. That way you can change your theme depending on where your ADD led in the future.

Perhaps not quite as elaborate as your talking but here's mine (in progress).
Model & mock up on scrap steel.

Seriously consider a touch screen as mentioned above (if I re-did it I probably would)

Encl Render  - Mar 11.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Rube Goldberg brew stand anyone?

Willy Wonka meets Samuel Adams?

Could be interesting. ..

Arugh, I'll try to post this a third time hopefully I won't get a "token expired" message this go around.

Anyway, apparently SparkFun was reading our thread about touch screens for embedded projects. While I was looking through their weekly new product post, I saw these new serial LCD screens with libraries for Raspberry Pi and Arduino. The price looks really good, the software support looks pretty fantastic, and they should be really easy to incorporate into your build. They are definitely worth looking into if you want to put a touch screen in your system.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11740

Those arnt PIDs they're just displays connected to the brewtroller. Not necessary, just liked the look/easy display.

Back