Overdosed the priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
So as I bottled up my orange cascade pale today, I actually only ended up with about 4 gallons of beer, due to excess boil off and trub/dry hop loss. Problem is i forgot to take this into consideration and used my full 3/4 cup corn sugar. I dont think I'm in bottle bomb territory but I would hate for these to be way over-carbed.

eh, I think most of us have done that once or twice. The beer should be fine. Most likely carb up a little faster and have a bigger head than what is standard but you'll be the only one that notices I bet.

+1. I have done that and my beer has a larger head and takes longer to pour, but i dont think you will have any other effects.

I overdosed on the corn sugar one time too. Watch out for exploding bottles. Handle carefully. Had the same experiences as the other posters too. Edit* yes I did have a few bust. Cheap bottles.

Refrigerating the beer will drive the CO2 into solution.

Back