outlaw calculations and a sieve analysis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burntchef

Reaction score
Math was never my strong suit, but I will give it a go. Maybe a math major can clean it up for me. lol
Gallons on hand divided by daily consumption over 2 week delay from more beer equals outlaw road trip mandatory. I loaded the truck up and struck out in the face of the covid travel ban for the nearest hbs to me. Same state, 2 hours 1 way. I got what I needed, mission success.

I was so excited to know I could get grain on 12 hours notice that I forgot to tell them not to mill. Just finished mashing in, and when I opened the bags I would say the grain was cracked, not milled. I ran some through my mill and compared them on a sheet of poster board. A field analysis. What a difference. So to echo the age old question about efficiency, get your own mill! This is not bashing the hbs, they do it as a service, and their mill is prolly high mileage. The difference however was stark and obvious.
Brew on
Eric

Yep! I went through that with my local HBS. After suffering through poor efficiency woes, I finally put a good mill on my christmas list. It was expensive, but worth it.

Latest posts

Back