Outdoor Burner Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Santa brought me a Bayou Classic SQ14 outdoor burner (yay!), but I don't have a garage to store it in (boo!). I'm wondering if I'm able to store it outside with my grill (under a grill cover). Anybody else keep one of these things outside?

The instructions say "out of the elements," I just want to make sure the grill cover, uh, covers that.

Spiders apparently have a thing about building nests inside burners, so close the air intake tight and maybe slap something over the top of the burner as well.

Otherwise, keep it out of the rain and snow and it'll last longer...

Cheers!

It may get a little junky around some of the holes over time if it has to sit unused for a bit... but usually just firing it up and letting it burn for a bit gets it going again.

I have a turkey fryer burner I use. I turn mine upside down and cover with an old grill cover. It's sat outside since '96. I've changed the regulator once.

Latest posts

Back