Out of the Keg into the bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a keg of stout that is going very slowly and was thinking about putting it in bottles to make room for something else but I do not have a counter pressure bottle filler, beer gun or other. Anyone ever have any luck bottling right of the faucet? Any suggestions?

I looked at that thread but I dont have a pinic tap either. What would happen if I opened the keg and used an auto sipon and a bottle filler? Would it lose its carb?

One option is the BMBF approach, another is transferring under pressure into a c02 flushed PET bottle with a carbonator cap.

A third obviously is to invest in a CPBF or a beer gun.

I have been looking all morning for some stainless tubing, but there is none to found around where I live. Would copper work for the wand on a counter pressure filler?

I think buying another keg is a great idea, I only have 8 now and they are all full. I would have to order the tap no where to get one around me. I have a Blonde that is ready that I was going to bottle. But instead I thought I would bottle the stout since it is going pretty darn slow and put the blonde in a keg. I have a three tap system now maybe It should grow a few more faucets and I wouldnt have this problem or at least till all the kegs are full again :)

I think buying another keg is a great idea, I only have 8 now and they are all full. I would have to order the tap no where to get one around me. I have a Blonde that is ready that I was going to bottle. But instead I thought I would bottle the stout since it is going pretty darn slow and put the blonde in a keg. I have a three tap system now maybe It should grow a few more faucets and I wouldnt have this problem or at least till all the kegs are full again :)

You've got 8 kegs and no picnic tap? Next time you get supplies, add one on there. There are so many times it can be useful.

I guess I need to, I usually dont stray to far from home when Im drinking beer or I take some bottles. The beers I really like I have some bottled and some on tap. I usually plan whats goin where.

I found 1/4 OD Ridigid Stainless Steel Tubing at ACE Hardware in the craft metals it comes in 12" sections if anyone ever wants to build a Counter Flow Bottle Filler and has an ACE Hardware near by. I found all the parts I needed there.

Eight full kegs???? You're not drinking enough

Well that depends on who you are asking. my wife seems to think we have been training for some sort of competition. We just recently got them all full. I had four and we drained them all during a BBq one weekend and decided that would not happen again so we bought four more and some extra equipment. We have been brewing three batches a week every two weeks. Two weeks in Priamry. two weeks in carboy to clear and age a little, one week in keg, CARB! We havent been brewing to many big beers the Stout I am going to transfer to bottles and a Pumkin Ale, the rest are blondes, ambers, brown and belgian white beer they all seem good to go after five weeks. But now we have the train built back up they will have more time to age.

Back